Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Musings

I've never been so happy to see Monday roll around. Here's hoping that this week isn't as shitty as the last 3 have been! The weather is deceiving today. It is clear, and beautiful outside. As I am writing this the birds out back are chirping. If I didn't know better Id think Spring was in the air. But it's not...just open my front door and all hopes of warmer weather quickly disappear. It's a chilly 42* outside.
**********
I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, and although of us are still on antibiotics, I'm thinking that we have got to be done with all of the sickness. Right? We can't possibly catch anything else. Landon has a lingering cough, which sounds worse than it is. My throat hasn't rid itself fully of the strep virus, but I am feeling a lot better. Brynne is doing better, with the exception of her runny nose. And Daddy, well daddy continues to live his life germ free. How he does it I just don't know. If I could bottle up his immune system and sell it, we'd be a rich family!
**********
On a lighter note, my sister's due date is exactly one week away! Baby Ryder should be making his debut anytime. Although family history will tell you that she'll carry my little nephew until she hits 41 weeks and then have to be induced. Either way we are just praying for a happy, healthy baby boy.
**********
I'm going back to work tonight after almost 3 weeks of not working. Between the kids being sick, and passing everything back and forth, to my strep throat I have not been able to work. I'm glad to be going back, and can't wait to get the heck out of this house! Valentines Day is next Sunday, and that Holiday marks the busiest day of the year for those who work in the food/restaurant industry. So I feel like I am going back right in time to make some good money. Men always tip well on Valentines Day...Ummm, well most men. Certain men don't tip well regardless of the circumstance! For those that do tip well, I figure it has something to do with the fact that they have a lady to impress! Or a man for that matter. Hey, I don't judge.
**********
I realize it has been 2 weeks since Brynne's well visit and I have yet to post her 2 year stats. I love to compare her stats to where Landon was, 18 months ago, when he was her age. Fun times.
*****
Happy Monday everyone!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Just found your blog. Your family is so cute! I know what you mean about being sick. It has been unending at our house, too!

Anonymous said...

Well Beck, I agree, it has been a rocky start to the year with the flu, colds, and d r a m a.....lol....Guess I should keep posting my chicken soup recipe, I swear I think I have made it at least, once a week since the beginning of the year! Glad you are all on the upswing, and getting back to normalcy...giggle, whatever that is.....take care and Happy Valentines to you all :)

Lindsey said...

Wow, sounds like you have had a crazy few weeks! I hope that your whole family has finally gotten over being sick.

Thanks for your comments on the Shred! I haven't been doing all the great lately but I'm about to get back on track. I guess I need to get over my laziness. :)