Monday, February 22, 2010

My baby nephew is here!!!

Ok, ok, so if there was an award for blog slacker of the month I would most definitely win! My blogging absense could easily be blamed on any one of ten things that have kept me away from the computer for more than 5 minutes at a time! The most likely of choices being the constant fighting that my kids have decided to make part of our morning routine. Geesh, they are 3 and 2...I can't imagine what the fighting will be like in years to come!

Onto some more IMPORTANT news!!!
My beautiful sister labored hard for hours on February 15th and at 9:21p delivered this sweet, perfect baby boy!
Ryder James
7lb 7oz 20" long

He is so sweet, snuggly, and makes the most wonderful newborn grunts and groans. We are so in love with him and feel so lucky to have a baby in the family again.

Both Amy and Nathan are doing great, and have adjusted so easily to being home and having a new life to care for!
Baby Ryder is happy and healthy and is proving to be a good baby, who rarely cries, and who is content throughout the day.
I'm so happy for my sister to be able to experience motherhood. No matter how much you think you know about it, it just is one of those things that you really don't "get" until you live it.
I am SO lucky to be called Auntie by this little boy. I know the relationship that Amy has with my kids; they think everything of Auntie Amy. I hope that Ryder and I will have a similar relationship, and I can do all the fun things that make being an Auntie amazing!


Congrats Nathan and Amy, and welcome baby Ryder!
We love you all SO much!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Awww...he is PRECIOUS! Congratulations, Auntie!

LdybugSammi said...

nothing better than that new baby smell. Sniff him for me!

btw, I win the blogging slacker award for sure!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Amy and Nathan!

MLP said...

I am so excited to see this post!!! What a precious, perfect little angel baby! So happy for your sister and all of you. He's a doll!!! I KNOW you will be an AWESOME AUNTIE!