Sunday, February 28, 2010

Entryway project

As soon as you walk through our front door this is the wall you see. It is huge, and boring. Until recently we weren't sure what to do with it. I wanted to somehow add some paint to bring down the height of the wall. 2 years ago when we moved in I hung the pictures. Since then we haven't touched it. Until this week!
Travis added a chair rail, and I added some green paint. Although we loved the look of the chair rail, neither of us were to happy with the look of the paint. So off to Home Depot we went.

From Behr color "Boston Fern"

to Behr color "Toffee Crunch"


From plain and boring...
(ignore the plants, they are in need of a trim!)
to fabulous!! All for under $30!

We LOVE it and the look of the entire house is transformed! We continued the chair rail around the corner and throughout the dining room. I will post pictures of the dining room makeover later in the week!
What projects have you been working on?

4 comments:

NicholsSouth said...

That looks awesome!! Love the chair rail!! Can't wait to see the dining room!

Becky said...

That looks FABULOUS! Good job!

LOVE the idea of the curtain rods with pictures hanging from them. I may just have to steal this one for my own home.

MLP said...

Looks awesome! Love it.

My current projects include a six week old, a three year old and a seven year old! HA HA!

Amanda said...

Oh yay, you posted pics! I LOVE it too.. Looks so fresh, clean and homie! Wanna come do my house now? ;)