Wednesday, February 3, 2010

FML

I haven't posted this week because every time I sit down to write it comes out reading like a long list of things I am bitching about. I'm not normally a negative person, and tend to prefer gossiping over bitching. This has been another hard week. Saturday I woke up with a slightly sore throat. By Monday it was full blown strep. Smack dab in the middle of my strep throat Landon decides to make matters worse by having a BAD ear infection, which was only discovered after a 3 hour screaming/crying session when he didn't want to take a nap. I had a crying session of my own on the way to the pediatricians office. He's taking amoxicilin now and seems to be feeling better today. I however feel worse, if that is even possible. It hurts SO bad to talk. I am a stay at home mom with two toddlers. My days are filled with lessons, lectures, talks, reasoning, and even yelling. The past few days have been the worst as a mom. I am left wondering why only a month ago my husband got to spend 3 days in bed uninterrupted, for a cold, while I am dealing with strep throat and he refuses to stay home with the kids so I can have one damn day of rest. I know that it has been said that moms never get a break. Never has that been more true for me. Here's hoping I can make it through today, because tomorrow will always be better right? Oh, and to make matters worse, tomorrow is my birthday. I can't even swallow jello without crying. There will be no birthday cake for this Mama. First Brynne spent her birthday sick and miserable and now I will do the same.
I promise the next time I blog it will have nothing to do with being sick. But this week people, that's all I've got.

6 comments:

Carole said...

You poor thing! I hope you are all feeling better soon!!! How about I eat some birthday cake for you?? LOL

BTW, I have had an envelope with stuff for the kiddos sitting on my counter for two weeks. I keep meaning to make a cute card to go with it, but haven't had time. I'm working on it, though. At the rate I'm going, they should have it by Christmas. :)

Hugs, Mama!!

MLP said...

I hear ya!!!

Bless your heart. That sounds MISERABLE!!! I always say "when mama don't feel good........". And I have several different ways I finish it off! None are too good!

Hang in there and remember that this shall pass. I'm telling myself THE SAME THING! I got your sweet comment for us and now I'm sending one your way.

Prayers for you guys, too! Especially on your birthday! That's a BIG BUMMER!!!

Happy Birthday anyways, my friend. Tomorrow is a NEW day!!!

Amber Filkins said...

I'm so sorry!!

Yes, I totally get it how mom's don't get a break. It's so unfortunate. I've asked hubby to stay home before when I was sick. He wouldn't. I hated him for awhile {hours}.

Luckily, I have a great mom that gets it, and helps out sometimes when I'm sick or down or having a bad day. Do you have someone that can help?

Feel better soon!

And happy early birthday!!

Wendy said...

"I am left wondering why only a month ago my husband got to spend 3 days in bed uninterrupted, for a cold, while I am dealing with strep throat and he refuses to stay home with the kids so I can have one damn day of rest."

One word: AMEN!

Feel better soon and happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I had strep last week too. I hope you feel better soon.

Ginnie said...

I hope you get to feeling better really soon!! It never is fair that men get to rest as much as they want when they are sick and we have to keep going no matter what. NO FAIR!!!