Monday, April 12, 2010

Potty talk


I was walking down the hall and out to the kitchen as I do every morning. As I passed the hall bathroom Landon called out "Look Mama, I can pee from all da way back here!" I peeked in on him and he was standing on his step stool 2 feet away from the toilet, with a pretty big smile on his face. I yelled at him to stop, as I watched pee splashing everywhere. I talked with him about correct potty form, and then cleaned the bathroom. This kid is a stand up comedians dream child! I could write an entire show based around his toilet humor alone.

It's a gloomy, rainy, cold day here in Southern Ca. Since it's too nasty out to really go anywhere I decided to stay home with the kids today and really tackle Brynne's potty training. We started trying to potty train her when she turned 2 in January. Unfortunately the kids and I were pretty sick for most of January and February. She didn't show much promise in those first days, and not having any energy I let it slide and just gave up. We decided to wait for a month or two and try again. So today is the big day! And I am happy to report, so far so good! Brynne and Landon were playing down the hallway, and she ran all the way to her potty, and made it in time! Landon and I sang and danced around and made a HUGE deal out of it. Brynne got a marshmallow, a sticker, and some M&M's. She was smiling from ear to ear so I am really hoping this day ends as well as it started!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the potty training.

Becky said...

LOL!! (Love the photo, too, lol)

Proving that no one can know what goes through a kids mind? I've found pee on the walls across from the toilet. As though Judah turned around from the toilet completely and just sprayed the wall. Ugh.