Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday!

Landon got up at 6:30 this morning. NOT my idea of a good time. I could have let that alone put me in a bad mood today; I haven't had much sleep this week. But no, I took the kids to the lake this a.m. for a nice, relaxing morning. The weather was great and they had a blast as usual!
Travis and I went to Vegas last weekend and the kids got to stay with Grandma and Grandpa. We had a really great time, the kids had a really, really great time!. It was a quick trip and we enjoyed quiet time in the car, eating a meal (or ten) together in which we actually shared conversation that didn't involve 'Yo Gabba Gabba' or 1 or both of us screaming that we "DON"T waaanna eat dat!", and sleeping allllll the way through the night (: It was heaven!
One week until our family camping trip to Bass Lake. This will be the longest we have been in the car with the kids and I am pulling out allll the stops. DVD player, tons of snacks, books, toys, and even candy and crayons!! I will do anything to get there without a migraine! My kids are not happy car travelers and we are kinda nervous to see how they do. We always stop halfway and have lunch. I'm sure there will be room in Auntie's car if we need to get them out before I beat them have a little quiet time. Just kidding Auntie (; Oh, and the drive...6 hours! If any of my sweet blog mom friends have travel tips make sure to leave me a comment!

When the hard drive on my computer failed I lost 4500 pictures. Yes, forty-five HUNDRED! We attempted the backup process but the hard drive was too corrupted to respond to commands. I am SO upset about the loss of my pictures. I know better than to go so long without backing them up. Thank God for this blog as I have uploaded a lot of my favorites to share. I will not wait for the next hard drive failure, and we will be investing in an external hard drive ASAP!

This weekend Travis will be painting the exterior of the house! We have been prepping the house for paint for weeks. He was supposed to paint last weekend, but with the trip to Vegas planned as a surprise he was more than happy to push the painting project back a week! I will definitely be taking before and after pictures as this paint job will make a huge improvement on this little fixer-upper of ours (;

And because I have a lot of ground to make up in the photo taking department, having lost all of my photos, here are a few of my favorites from this morning...

















3 comments:

Elyse said...

6:30AM...what a wakeup call. Hope tomorrow is better than today!
~Elyse

Amanda said...

Max has been getting up at 5:30 and he wants to talk and smile for about a half hour or so before I can get him back down. I wanna CRY!

So glad you are back up and running.. I missed ya! :) I always love looking at those two babe's pictures!!!

MLP said...

So glad to see your two cutie patoooooooties again!

I can't believe your pictures. You need to have your blog printed out into a book. That will be the best keepsake! I hope to do it soon myself.