Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Can I get a sick day??

I have been fighting with my 3 year old alllll morning, and I am exhausted! It has been such a hard week for us. Daddy was sick last weekend and almost a full week later the kids and I have it. It is for certain the worst cold I have ever had. I am SO congested, I can barely breathe, can't stop sneezing and coughing, and my chest is so heavy. I am miserable and it's one of those days. Mom's never get a break. I don't have a babysitter...at least one that will come within 2 miles of our germ ridden house. Landon is testing me in every which way today. He can tell that I don't have the energy to chase him down and pry the nail polish or candy from his sneaky little fingers. He is whining and crying about everything, mostly because he too is feeling like complete shit. He threw a huge fit because I wouldn't let him eat cookies. I don't even have the voice to talk above him. I picked him up carried him to his bed and slammed the door. 2 seconds later he was back out for round two. My kids don't have the attention span for TV. They LIVE outside, and it's times like this that it can be really hard. They are too sick to play outside, but are bored laying (lying?) on the couch trying to watch TV. I am feeling way to crappy to come up with some fun art project, or to even read books with them. I don't even want to think about making them lunch. McDonald's isn't even an option because I am too weak to get dressed, get them in the car, and drive the 5 minutes to Mickey D's! I am counting down the hours until Daddy gets home so my pounding headache and I can go lay in bed and feel miserable by ourselves without having to get up every 30 seconds for a snack or juice. I hate today, and it is only 10am.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...too funny, I just posted that it is time for some rain..
think....

Cool days, cookies in the oven...'real dinners"because it is not too hot too cook".....sweats.... movie afternoons (thank you Target) and naps...why do we want to nap..(ok, take advantage while the kids are little, when they are in school....forget the naps...bed at well, WAY earlier...........

Trying to get used to this.....umm...cookies.....COME ON....cooler weather!