Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This Thanksgiving I am thankful for:
My husband and our strong, wonderful (most of the time) marriage. And the fact that he is outside on a 12 foot ladder right now, hanging our Christmas lights, so that we may be the first house in the neighborhood with our lights on. He's also informed me that the lights will be hung in record time this year, he's shooting for 45 minutes. I'm shooting for a morning without loud cussing if he staple-guns his finger, and without an ER trip should he fall off said 12 foot ladder.
---------------
My first born, rough and tumble, never a dull moment, son Landon. He loves his Mama with equal parts of sweat, dirt, sloppy kisses, and the best hugs. I will never forget the feeling of seeing my first born baby for the first time. And now 3 years later I am SO thankful that I spend each and every day raising him and shaping the man he will one day become. Thanks for the constant laughter Landon, and also the high blood pressure. Mama loves you!
---------------
Our sweet girl Brynna, who most definitely completes our family. I can't imagine my life without her and her sweet giggles, dragging her pink blankie everywhere she goes and following Landon around each and every day, all day long. My girl loves to love and can't get enough sweet hugs and kisses. She is the most laid back, happy girl and I love her with every ounce of my ability! As I type this Brynne is sitting tight next to me rubbing my leg with her chubby fingers. She keeps looking up at me and just smiling. What a lucky Mama I am!
---------------
This Thanksgiving, as so many families have far less than we do, I am Thankful for everything God has provided for our family. Our family, our friends, our beautiful (it's getting there) home, and most importantly our healthy and happy babies...who aren't really babies anymore, but to me they will always be my babies. I hope this Thanksgiving that you each are surrounded by those you love, good food, funny conversation, and plenty of laughter! I know we will be.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comments:

MLP said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your precious family. What a sweet post!