Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thoughts for Thursday!

The blog has definitely been neglected these past few weeks. We have been very busy, and seem to be dealing with one crap-ass thing after another. I had surgery on Monday to have a few cysts removed from my ovaries, and for some preventative reasons. Everything went fine, but my recovery has been somewhat difficult. Doing anything with two toddlers after having surgery is next to impossible. Because my surgery was in my abdomen I feel like I have done 2500 crunches and have ZERO use of my abs! Changing a diaper on the living room floor is a ten minute process. Getting Brynne in and out of her crib causes me to clench my teeth and my eyes tear up. I can pretty much forget about coughing, sneezing, rolling over in bed, or trying to get off the toilet! You really don't realize how much you rely on your ab muscles until they don't work! I've never had a C-section but I am sure the recovery is horrible!! I feel for all the C-section Mama's out there!
----------------------
My dad and I took the kids to get their swine flu shots yesterday. The whole process was pretty quick and easy, especially with the extra set of Grandpa's hands! Landon spent the entire evening lying on the couch with a fever telling us he was sick. He seems to be fine this morning and I am hoping he was just experiencing some mild side effects from his flu shot. The LAST thing I feel like dealing with right now is the 'toddler flu.'
----------------------
The kids have moved on from their Mary Poppins obsession and we have been watching Tarzan every day. I don't mind them watching Tarzan because it basically has the best soundtrack ever for an animated movie! I haven't yet gotten sick of it, so that's a plus.
----------------------

Only 2 weeks left until I go to the midnight showing of New Moon!!! I am getting really excited and can't wait to beat down some 12 year old snot who tries to cut in line or steal the seat I am saving! That's right, I am excited about a movie premiere that will mostly be attended by 12-14 year olds. Whatever. The movie will be amazing, and you too will wish that you had bought your tickets 8 weeks in advance, waited in line for 5 hours to get "good" seats, and dealt with the annoying teenagers, wearing lame Twilight T-shirts, who scream loudly anytime Edward is on the big screen. Fun times! Now, if I could just figure out what I did with my team Edward shirt...

----------------------

I am having a serious case of the Disneyland blues! We haven't been in almost 2 months and I am itching to get back. I was taking the kids so often that waiting even a month seemed like forever. I just can't think of a better way to spend the day with the kids, and the husband when he gets sick of my whining and actually agrees to go with us. Even if he makes me promise that we won't stay for the fireworks and we will leave after 3 or 4 hours...I'll take what I can get!
----------------------
I booked our yearly family photo shoot with Phil, for later this month. I am nervous about how the kids will do. It gets harder and harder to get them both looking in the same direction. Phil always does AMAZING work and gets the best shots! We always have a lot of fun and he has great patience (even if it comes along with a serious case of sarcasm, LOL). Now I have to coordinate all of us and make sure we all have something to wear. Here are a few of my favorites from last year...






WOW, I can't believe how small Brynna was!!
Can't wait to see what we get this year!
Have a GREAT day everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I'm with you. I have my ticket. I have my Team Cullen shirt. I will be putting the smack down on some kid who tries to steal my seat. I might squeal when Edward comes on screen. Does that make me childish?

PhilipAlanPhoto said...

Yay!

MLP said...

Bless your heart. I am so sorry you had to have surgery. I can't imagine trying to deal with that! I hope and pray you are 100% asap!!!

I can't wait to see your new pictures! I know they will be AMAZING!!!