Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Disney Day!

Today, for my birthday, Travis and I took the kids to Disneyland for the first time! They are both still so young so we have never taken them...until NOW! We did not know how the day would go so we went without having any expectations. The weather was amazing, 75 degrees with a nice cool breeze. The kids were excellent and had SO much fun, especially Landon. He even confidently posed with Mickey. It was such a fun day and possible my BEST birthday ever!! Here are the pictures...and I promise this is only a fraction of them!!
The Mandatory pose on the fireplace before we go...
We were in the Disney park for less than 5 minutes when Mama had to bust out the snacks...
(they were not actually as sweaty as they look here, it was sunblock)

Such a beauty, even if I do say so myself...


Daddy took Landon on a tree climbing adventure and he LOVED it...



Just look at those huge smiles on my happy boys...



Pirates of the Caribbean...


Chillin' with Dad watching the train...


My LOVES...



Patiently waiting their turn...



Daddy and sweet girl on the train ride (she was barely awake at this point)...

Tired girl, but having SO much fun...



Ya, he's kind of a big deal around here...



Brynne's first carousel ride (a momentous event in any princess' life!)...



Daddy and the kids. I LOVE this picture...


Landon had the most fun in Toon Town. He ran from building to building and car to car. I tried to keep up and just kept my camera handy.
He couldn't quite figure this one out...



He LOVED the fake doors and especially the fake doorbells!...



Talking up a storm about the little offices and houses and why he couldn't get in through the doors...



Maybe this one will work...


So excited to 'drive' the cars...


Trying to stop the hose from 'leaking'...


Landon and Brynne both LOVED the children's play area. I found that to be funny because we have a similar toy structure at our local mall. I can assure you we didn't drive over and hour away and pay $70 for him to play on 'mall toys!'


Brynne LOVED crawling through the toys and exploring...


Such a curious girl. She will go anywhere Landon does and try anything he tries...

More exploring...


Mickey and the Staley's! Landon liked seeing Mickey and even gave him knuckles! (those of you who know Landon will appreciate that!)...


'L' for Landon!!...


Daddy took Landon's Lollipop, LOL...


Time to go home...


Poor Landon fell asleep immediately in the car...

Brynne enjoyed having Mama and Daddy all to herself while big brother napped...

But, even she caved and slept too!...



We had the BEST time at Disneyland and even have tickets to return within 30 days! I am already SO excited to take the kids back. I love that Landon is at an age now where everything amazes him and requires an explanation. He was excited over so many things today, the trains especially! This boy is ALL BOY and loves anything that 'goes' or makes noise. He liked the boat rides, the train rides, and pretending to drive the cars in Toon Town. I know that the memories he has of Disneyland will be some of the best memories he has once he is older. I have so many great memories of Disneyland, and spending time there with my kids is one of the best memories this Mama will have!



























9 comments:

Elyse said...

SO JEALOUS...glad you guys had fun :) The picts are great!!
~Elyse~

Patrice said...

Great pics!! Looks like so much fun, how sweet!! Glad you had a great time!!

Rebekah said...

Oh what an awesome day! And Happy birthday BTW! It looks like you couldn't have spent any other way ... it looks like all 4 of ou ha a wonderful time - jealous here too but not just because of the park ... more along the lines of 75 degrees outside!!! It is 21 here today!! A balmy 21! Oh and I love Brynne's Minnie Mouse dress - it is adorable ... thanks for sharing all te great pictures - have agreat day!

Rebekah

Elisabeth said...

Happy birthday! It looked like an awesome day and that the kids had so much fun!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had the perfect day! I love Brynne's outfit - so perfect for a day at Disney!

MLP said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a WONDERFUL way to celebrate!

I can't imagine being that close to Disney Land!!! SOOOOOOOO cool!

Adorable dress on your little Disney Princess!!! I loved all the pictures!

Audrey said...

How fun! I must know where you got that dress! We are going to Disney World at the end of this month. I would love one for Kerrigan.

Amanda said...

I am SO glad you guys had such a great time.. I just knew you would. ;) Why do you think we are there so much..LOL!! I couldn't help but crack up at Landon's cool self with his black shades. Brynne's dress is too cute for words!

PS Matt thinks everyday we need to go to CEC with Landon. LOL

Erin said...

Happy Birthday!! I didn't even know!! Looks like you had a fun day. I LOVE Disneyland. Brenna's birthday is coming up in a month and I am already planning a trip LOL! I think I get more excited than the kids do when we go. There is something so magical about it =) The kids look so cute in their little outfits!