Friday, May 15, 2009

ZZZzzzzzzz!

I don't have anything witty, or funny to post about today. No adorable pictures of the kids, or random thoughts for my day. I am EXHAUSTED, and drained and SICK of being exhausted and drained. Landon has not slept throught the night in 6 months. The boy is almost 3 and he is up 2 or 3 times a night. Usually he likes to wake Mama for a sip of milk, or a trip to the potty. Two nights ago he was up all night talking about spiders. Last night he woke us up pounding on the wall becuase he had a nightmare, and was scared. It would have been heartbreaking had it happened at say, 9pm...it's not so heartbreaking at 2am, especially when he wouldn't go back to sleep.
I feel like I have a newborn again, only without that sweet new baby smell and the lovely cuddling that only a neworn can warm a mama's heart with. I am up 2 or 3 times a night for feedings sips of milk and diaper changes potty breaks. Atleast once a night Landon decides that he doesn't want to go back to bed, and he screams at the top of his lungs and kicks and fights with me. This usually occurs sometime between the hours of 2am and 4am...NOT my finest hours! He is always more than half asleep when this happens and I am always thinking to myself, "am I really arguing with my two year old at 3:30 in the morning? REALLY?"
By 7 am he is awake for the day and has no recollection of the hell he has put his Mama through the night before and is always in such a good mood. Thank God Travis has been home a lot lately in the mornings because all too often I sleep only between 4am and 8am. I work nights, and have never been a 'napper.' It's all starting to catch up with me and I can't keep burning the candle at both ends. I am hoping this will end soon, I can't take much more!
Oh, and I lied! Here are few cute pictures of the kids from our trip to the fair last night~




Happy Friday! Hope you all have a GREAT weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you poor thing, I wish I had some words of wisdom to impart, but sadly, I don't..this is a tough one. Hang in there, take good care of you! Have a great weekend too :)

Jennifer said...

Oh Girl, I feel your pain. I can remember those days like they were just yesterday!! I hope it gets better soon!

Elyse said...

Hope you guys get a good night's rest soon! What ever is bugging him needs to leave now!
~Elyse

Audrey said...

Hey Beck, Is he still napping in the day? Sometimes to much daytime sleep will disrupt night time sleep. Just a thought. Carson is sleeping so much better and going to be SO much easier since he has cut out naps. It's hard to transition because they need the sleep. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I really feel for you...My oldest was like that till she went to kindergarten (sorry) ...I think being on a schedule with school REALLY helped her..I just hope you dont have to wait that long!

It gets better i swear!

Anonymous said...

My Darling Daughter:

Treasure these "inconvenient" moments. Store them up in your heart. The time will come when he will not need you anymore... and he will move on... to strike out on his own.

When he cries out in the night... love him and comfort him. It will be sooner than you realize when he leaves your home... and your care. He will stop needing your reassurance and your constant love.

Treasure these time and trials. They will slip through your fingers like sand... and will be gone.

A little sleep is a small thing to sacrifice to be so close and so comforting to an individual who will stop needing and appreciating you... in such a short time. These things are a natural and healthy progression.

Landon is still a very young child. A baby, really. Too soon... he will become independant and will no longer call for you in the darkness of his dreams.

Cherish this time. Cherish this child. He will, too soon, outgrow the need for his Mother's comfort.

You... and he... are loved. Hang in there. Nobody said having children is easy.

All my love to all Staleys.