Friday, May 1, 2009

The post where I don't have anything to say...

I don't have much to blog about this week...
  • Brynne's rash is completely gone! We finished up with her steroid antibiotic yesterday and she seems to be 100% back to her old self. Although I am glad she is feeling better and not looking like a burn victim, I am most thankful that we don't have to give her any more medicine!! She learned very quickly what the word medicine meant and has perfected her tantrum and defiance against having it administered! She got SO bad at throwing her body all over the floor, clenching her jaw shut, spitting it out, screaming, kicking, hitting, screaming even louder, and even biting, that daddy had to give her the medicine the last 2 days because this Mama just didn't have the heart or the muscle to do it myself. Thank God we are through with that for now! She goes back to the Dr. in a few weeks to make sure the ear infections are gone.
  • Travis and I have made the decision to pull Landon out of school for a few months. Although he is doing wonderfully now, he has been nothing but sick for the past 8 weeks. He was such a healthy boy until we exposed him to the germ pool more commonly referred to as 'pre-school.' I figure we will start him again in Sept. and see how he does. I have struggled SO much with this decision. I see so many positive changes in him since starting school back in Feb. and I am NOT a quitter. When I commit to something I make sure I see it through until the end. It's hard with this situation though, I want him to have a chance to be home and be well for more than a few days at a time.
  • The kids are both heading to my parents house for the weekend! Travis and I are off to Vegas to see the Supercross (boring guys riding around on noisy dirt bikes for hours, whatever ) Finale. My sister and her husband are going too, along with a lot of our friends. Hopefully we will have as good of a time as the kids will! I am a nervous wreck, as usual, leaving...and try to do it as rarely as possible, but I know the kids will be well taken care of and they will have SO much fun! Nothing, and I mean nothing, is as exciting to Landon as an afternoon and Myna and PopPop's house!

I guess that's about all for now! I tried numerous times, on various family outings, this week to take pictures only to realize that I had left my memory card in the computer, UGH! So, I sadly have no new pictures to post! I will be back Sunday afternoon with plenty of new pictures, especially from Grandma and Grandpa, I'm sure!

HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!!

Have a GREAT weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a TERRIFIC weekend, I know the kids will :) I think you are a smart mama to take him out, for a while, seems like this has been a rough year for alot of people regarding illness, and if you have the opportunity, as you do, DO IT...I wish I could take Sean out, unfortunately, the school system doesn't quite agree with me...giggle, another reason to think of home schooling...lolol Have FUN !!!!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Ok... Trying this again. Not sure what happened to the first comment =)

Brenna and Jake were the EXACT same way with the medicine. I had to become very creative! Luckily Brenna will take it with no problems and Jake will do anything sister does so that helps. Hopefully Brynne has fully recovered. I took Brenna out of pre-school for the same reasons. I was so sick of our family being sick! I took her out for 2 months and guess what.... NOT been sick once! I was going to start her back this month but now hearing about this swine crap I think I'll wait. Its sad because she loves it so much but its just not worth it....

Have fun this weekend! So sad that you won't be able to come to Jake's party =( Next time!!

MLP said...

I can relate to you on all points in the post at different times in my life and my children's lives!!!

Have fun this weekend in Vegas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Loved the pictures from your last post, by the way. So did you find that in the wild, or was it an intentional pet, lol?

You are wise to take your little guy out of preschool for a while. There is SO much going around lately...and then this Swine flu thing going on...being out of the mix for a while will help him (and little sister) to finally recover from everything they've been exposed to and have some time to build their immunities up.

The good thing is, he's probably immune to most of what he was exposed to at preschool now, so it won't be quite so bad next time around.

My oldest missed over 3 weeks of Kindergarten due to one sickness after another, including chicken pox. Oy, was that a year. Then this year we've been through the gamut with colds, flus and scarlet fever (which I thought was no longer an issue, but was apparently 'going around' this past year). I feel your pain, mama...it's awful when the kiddos are miserable. And that medicine thing...Mary Poppins was wrong about the sugar.