Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's official...I am a NERD!

Our weekend in Vegas was fun, relaxing, and the weather was PERFECT! I don't have many pictures because we really just did a lot of driving around and laying around! The Supercross race was a good one and the stadium was fairly small so we had great seats. After my last Supercross experience I was worried who we'd be sitting next to this time...
See the above cute picture of my hubby and I? Alright, now you see that jackass to the right with his nasty tongue out? Well we don't know him and frankly I am thanking God for that! but he was obnoxious! I had beer spilled down my back not once, but 2 times that night! And about 30 minutes before the event was over he spilled an entire beer onto my seat while I was standing (luckily). So I couldn't have sat down again if I wanted to. Luckily Amy and I left a few minutes after that! He was clearly drunk and had the most inappropriate social skills. Everything that came out of his mouth was fowl, and offensive. Why is it that people at public sporting events tend to throw all sense of respect, and all manners out the window? Ugh, annoying. Ok, I am done bitching...on with the post!

My amazing sister and her husband Nathan at her first Supercross! Welcome to the dark side Amy!

Amy and I

So what's a girl, who's is Vegas for the weekend without her children, to do with her vacation?

Gamble? Nope...
Lay by the hotel pool all weekend? Nope...
Shop the wonderful state line outlet mall? Nope...
Eat and drink myself sick with all that Vegas has to offer? Nope...
Walk the beautiful strip at night? Nope...
Spend time with friends and family? Barely...

What did this Mama do? I officially became a Nerd and had my nose stuck in this book every free second of my weekend!
OMG! That's all I can say!

I have always been a reader, always! I LOVE to read and do so often. I have been told by everyone that I should read Twilight. I couldn't do it. I am NOT a Vampire fan (at all!) and am not usually a fan of sci-fi or fantasy type stories. That said, I ended up buying this book only because Tori Spellings new book is on back order! What? Don't judge me!

From the first page I could not put it down. Even through dinner with Travis all I could think about was the book. I read LATE into the night and early in the morning as soon as I woke up. I read while we waited in line at Supercross, and as Travis drove all over town.

I read all 544 pages and loved every word of it.

I am watching the movie as soon as the kids go to bed tonight and I cannot wait! Book 2 is at my sisters house and I am heading over there in a few minutes to pick it up.

It's a great book! It's amazing, you have to read it!


Oh, and how was Supercross you ask?


I have NO idea! You see, I was on page 425 when I got there and with only 120 pages left I HAD to keep reading!

The kids had SO much fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Apparently they were both really good and fairly easy for my parents! THANK you for watching them Mom and Dad, we are truly blessed that you are so close to our kids (in more ways than one!).


Our weekend was great, and it was fun to be away. We were anxious to be home and see the kids, and of course couldn't wait to pick them up. The four of us got home and took a family nap. We all slept for over 2 hours! Now I'm heading to Amy's house to borrow book 2, and then having dinner and putting the kids to bed! Twilight movie here I come!


7 comments:

Elyse said...

The picture of you reading at the event makes me laugh out loud! Glad you had a relaxing weekend!
~Elyse~

MLP said...

That is funny!!! Glad you guys had a good time. You look great in the pics. Enjoy book 2! Don't stay up all night!!!

Ginnie said...

I'm soooo with you about the Twilight book!! I kept putting off reading it when everybody I knew was all over it. When we went to Arizona for Spring Break I gave in and was HOOKED!! If you read my blog while I was in Arizona you saw how I couldn't put the book down!! I hope you're not as disappointed in the movie as I was. While it was "okay" it certainly wasn't MY view of the book!! I can't wait to hear what you thought of it. I've finished all 4 and haven't been able to pick up any other books because I just can't get into them the same way! I hope I'm not ruined for life!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I really think im the last girl who hasnt read those books!!!!

You should have backhanded that AHOLE! grrrrrrr

Audrey said...

Welcome to the dark side of Twilight! YEAH! Pace yourself. I'm so sad they are over.

Jennifer said...

I had to giggle when I saw your pic of you reading.....that would have totally been me! I haven't read the Twilight series yet. I'm waiting to borrow them from my friend. I DID however buy both of Tori Spellings books at WalMart today. I can't wait to read them!!

Laura B. said...

So... you enjoyed Vegas did you... A little known fact that obviously YOU didn't know... I LIVE IN LAS VEGAS!!! Anyway, thanks for calling while you were here. If you come bck to Vegas I'll let you borrow the other 3 books... if you buy me ice cream first.

miss you.