Friday, January 2, 2009

R.I.P. Binky


Well Landon has made another seamless transition in his life. Travis and I had agreed a few months ago that 12-31-08 would be the last day for the binky! Landon has had a DEEP love affair with his binky since he got that first taste when he was just 5 hours old. When he was about 18 months old we allowed him to only have the binky for long car rides and for naps and NiNight time. That was an easy change for him. However both Travis and I have been nervous for the way he would react to the binky completely disappearing. We did not really come up with a plan or a story. I didn't think I would have to explain to him where the binky went...boy was I an idiot WRONG! Landon asked for it over and over the first night! We had to quickly c0me up with a 'story.' Apparently when Santa brought the presents Christmas morning he also took all the binky's with him. LOL, Landon is only 2 1/2 and doesn't realize that Santa was here 6 days before the binky really disappeared! But he understands that the binky is gone and Santa left him a lot of presents! So far so good, Daddy's story worked like a charm! Landon surprised us with how easily he adjusted to not having the binky. He has gone to bed with no problems for the past 4 nights! If I knew it would be this easy we would have taken it away a LONG time ago. At least we won't have to go through this again, Brynne was not at all interested in the binky. This was very irritating because she was colic for the first 8 months of her life and did not sleep through the night until she was 10 months old! I am SO glad I don't have to worry about taking a binky away from her. My sweet boy continues to grow so fast while I continue to wonder where the time goes...

5 comments:

Audrey said...

Glad it went so well for you and Landon. I remember all to well when we took Carson's away at age 3. I to was surprised at how well it went. Now I'm wondering about this 18 month old! :)

Elyse said...

What a big boy! Glad it has been an easy transition!
~Elyse~

MLP said...

Way to go, Landon!!! That is AWESOME!

Amanda said...

WTG Landon!!

I gotta get my rear going on the PTing.. wanna come do it for me?! ;)

Unknown said...

The picture is so cute :)