Friday, September 25, 2009

It's Britney Bitch!

This is one of my best friends Kyle. He is also referred to around here as my "gay husband." Three months ago Ky called and told me that on Sept. 23rd he was taking me out for a surprise date. Well Wednesday night he took me on the best date ever!!
He didn't tell me where we were going, just picked me up and we drove into L.A. We ate dinner at Fleming's Steakhouse, which btw was SO good. The he told me we had an hour to kill so we walked around downtown near the fashion district and through L.A. Live.
The Staple's Center is in downtown L.A. and that is where Micheal Jackson's public memorial was held. There were about 8 of these HUGE M.J. banners that fans had signed. It was really interesting to see all the things people had written.

Ky with M.J.

Just being silly


Kisses, kisses

At one point we were sick of walking around and we sat on a bench. While we were talking 3 guys approached us and said they would pay us $5 each to listen to a theme song, and try to guess which commercial it was from. Well, those of you who know me know that I can NOT turn down a TV challenge! They played the song and we recognized it from the old Toyota commercials (Makin' it easy...easy on you!). We guessed right, answered correctly and were given $5! We were happy about that!



Kyle took me to see BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!
I was SO excited!
I love Britney and had tried to get tickets to her Circus tour the first time she was in L.A. but they sold out too fast and I couldn't go.
Here we are going into the Staples Center to see Ms. Spears in concert!

The stage from our seats.

Jordin Sparks from American Idol opened for Britney. In my opinion she was ok. I'm not really a fan of her music but it was neat to see somebody perform whom I had seen on American Idol. The stage was so pretty and the lights kept changing colors.

From red to blue...

Since Britney's tour is called The Circus, before she came out to perform we were entertained by numerous different types of classic circus acts. There were jugglers, trampoline acts, hula-hoop girls, fire breathers, and these three who were pretty amazing.


One of my other favorite celebrities, Perez Hilton,
opened the show with a funny, taped, monologue. He represented the media and their desire to follow Britney's every move. It was pretty funny, especially at the end of the video when Britney kills him, LOL. It was her way of giving the media the finger.
Holy shit, there she is!!


















The show was amazing! Britney looked and sounded great. Every seat in the Staple's Center was full and there was a ton of general admission people standing around also. The energy was amazing and because it's Britney everybody there seemed to know every word to every song. We had SO much fun, we were sad when it ended.
It was definitely a good show and a GREAT date! My real hubbs wouldn't be caught dead at a Britney concert. So I was very happy to be surprised by Kyle.
Thanks for a great night! Love ya bitch (;

8 comments:

MLP said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome night!!!

I've always wanted a friend like that!

Amanda said...

OMG, you are one lucky Mama! That looked like some of the bestest fun ever.. and WITHOUT kids AND the hubs, lmao! Loved all you pictures too. :)

Chris said...

But did her kids sing?

Anyway, this is Chris from Maugeritaville. I've discontinued that blog and opened a new one. Since you were one of my loyal followers, I was hoping you'd come by the new place...

www.knuckleheadhumor.com

Thanks, and I'm glad you enjoyed an evening of Britney-filled wackiness.

Ginnie said...

Looks like you had a blast! What an awesome surprise and a great friend!

Anonymous said...

What a great surprise! I'm so jealous. I love Brit Brit.

Laura B. said...

Hi Cow! So James (my real non-gay hubby) and I just got back from seeing Lady Spears at the Mandalay Bay. Great show. You definately had better seats than we did. And, as an added bonus, there was even a fight a few rows in front of us during her slow umbrella song. Awesome. I don't own the new CD, so i didn't know most of the songs, but still a fun show!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time! loved the pics....

Organic Meatbag said...

Awesome, you got an old school $5 as well!