Thursday, January 7, 2010

Easy DIY Project!


Ok, this project is SO easy and looks great when finished!!
I picked up these picture frames in the dollar spot at Target. I loooove the dollar spot! Anyway, $2.50 for 3 frames!! They were in white or silver. I chose white for this project.
Next, I came home and chose some scrapbook paper in coordinating colors/patterns. I had the letters of my daughters' name already and hadn't found a use for them yet. I also used a pair of scissors, a craft knife and my hot glue gun.


I took the display paper out of one of the frames and used it to trace around my scrapbook paper. I used a pencil so any marks could be erased. I then cut out the traced square so the paper would fit perfectly!
I put one paper square in each frame and closed it up.
And then decided how I wanted to arrange the letters of Brynne's name:

Next step, hot glue the underside of the letter and press it onto the outside glass of the frame.
*Note, the frames I used were from the cheapo section at Target so rather than have glass they had plastic. If you use these frames be careful because once you press the letter down with the glue on it, you can not move it/position it! The glue sticks to the plastic immediately!

They turned out SO cute and it took me only 20 minutes and cost me only $5.00 for the frames, everything else I already had!
I can't decide if I want to display them on a shelf in her room or hang them from the wall with coordinating ribbon.
This would be such a cute gift idea, using a last name. The paper is inexpensive and can be switched out to coordinate with any decor or Holiday! And you don't have to be crafty at all to do this!
I am already planning on using the silver frames to do something fun for next Christmas. I am thinking of spelling out NOEL!
Looooooove it!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love things that are easy for me to make because I'm not crafty at all. They turned out great!

Don Payne said...

Outstanding! You should teach crafting lessons! Very clever. Very creative.

MLP said...

ADORABLE!!! I think I could even do this. Funny, I already bought those frames to use in the baby's room on a shelf. I must do this project!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING IT!

Amber Filkins said...

Super cute! I have those same frames! I bought them last year. Used them on my tree this year, except........um, I never got around to putting pictures in them. lol.

And WHERE did you get those letters!? I love them!!

Jennifer said...

That is sooooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing it. My cousin is having a baby next month and I just might make these for her shower gift since the shower isn't until AFTER the baby arrives!! yeah!

Amber Filkins said...

Hey girl, I'm also in Cali! I'm in Fresno. I saw on your profile that you're down south. Don't you wish we had Hobby Lobby?? No fair! I don't know if you've ever been to one, but they are amazing! But I do love being a Cali girl. :)

P.S.--You should put your email in your profile, so I can just email you back directly, instead of leaving some random comment on your blog. lol.

Wendy said...

I'm so doing this! Creative and on the cheap! What a great, GREAT gift idea too! THANKS!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this idea and it turned out so cute!!! Thanks for the great idea and the inspiration to get the hot glue gun out (I think the burns have healed from the last time, lol) !

Amanda said...

Well look atcha go Mama! LOVE it. I think on a shelf would be cute!! ;)

hjn said...

I love this project!! So pretty and so easy or it looks so easy! Thanks for sharing!

Veronica said...

Great project. I have all these frames that I didn't know what to do with. Now I do.

Liliana said...

This is too funny!!! I just made one for my craft room that says "CREATE" & one for a friend's daughter with her name! I love Target's $1 bins!!!