Friday, January 22, 2010

What I DO know

What I don't know:
is how many times I have cried this week...
is how many times my 2 year old threw up on her birthday...
is how many loads of laundry I have done this week...
is how many days it took for Landon to catch what Brynne had...
is how many miles we drove making trips to the hospital and trips to the Pediatrician...
is how many doses of Tylenol I have given in the last 6 days...
is how many times Landon cried, simply because he didn't feel well...
is how many times my husband and I argued due to stress and no sleep...
is how many times I prayed to God to please, please make my kids feel better...
is how many times I prayed to God for just one hour of sleep...
is how many times I felt sick because I was so worried about our babies kids...
is how many times I told Brynne to STOP WHINING before I'd
feel bad and remember she is sick...
*-*-*-*-*-*-*
What I do know:
is that today was our first puke free day since Sunday...
is that today Landon smiled for the first time in a few days...
is that Brynne ate this morning for the first time in 5 days...
is that I took a 3 hour nap and felt so much better...
is that I am SO grateful that as of yet Travis and I are healthy still...
is that the kids felt well enough to go out in the snow for a few minutes this evening...
is that this was without a doubt the hardest week of my life...
is that I hope to not set foot in another hospital until I am there to see my beautiful sister deliver my new nephew next month...
is that I am SO glad we are almost through with this horrible week...
is that being a mother is a wonderful, exhausting, challenging, rewarding, HARD job, but never have I loved my babies more and been so worried about them...
Hoping Knowing tomorrow will be a better day!

4 comments:

Charity said...

You poor dear, My heart hurts for you. I know as a momma how stressful all of this is and when you start to see to light at the end of the tunnel how refreshing it can feel. I'll say a little prayer for all of you guys.

Cha Cha

Team Millward said...

That sounds like an AWESOME week! Seriously, when kids are sick with the pukes it is the worst! Especially when they last more than 24 hours. I haven't had to deal with both kids getting it at the same time, but I did have to take Brae 2 seperate times to the hospital for Rota Virus and she had the constant runs and pukes for a week both times. I had to start putting towels for sheets because I couldn't keep up. Don't worry, stress always makes Mike and I fight...wouldn't be a normal marriage if it didn't. Glad you are finally getting some sleep because us moms are psycho without it! And I hope I didn't offend you with my "All Because..." post!

MLP said...

OH my Goodness! I am saying prayers for you right now. There is NOTHING more exhausting on my body then when one of my kids (or more) are sick. I really, really feel for you. I hope this is OVER for your guys. Keep us posted. Here's to a MUCH much better week!!!

Anonymous said...

I've seen so many posts about sick kids. *knocks on wood* We've all remained healthy.