Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday

I am feeling sore, and lazy this morning. So, my thoughts for Thursday post will include some of my current favorite products.

I started this 2 days ago:
I LOVE the workout, and the DVD keeps me interested so I feel like it is something that I can stick with. I also have muscles in my chest and butt that are sore that I didn't even know I had. I am going to do it for 30 days straight, and see what happens! I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a good workout DVD. It is quick, easy to follow, and definitely a good workout!
----------------------------------

Ok, I am SO excited to talk about this:

I am normally what some would call a "shampoo snob." I am very picky with my hair products, and don't mind spending the extra money for a good quality shampoo/conditioner. I have been hearing a lot about the Suave professionals line lately, and decided to just give it a try. I am SO glad I did! I am using the sleek shampoo and conditioner, which has been great for my naturally wavy/frizzy hair. The shampoo was less than $2.00 and the conditioner was $2.50, on sale at Target last week. I noticed a change in my hair right away. It is softer, more easily managed, and definitely more shiny! 4 separate people have noticed the change in my hair, and I am LOVING this product! This is for sure not the same Suave product I used back in 6th grade! Try it, if you absolutely hate it, you have only wasted $5.00!

----------------------------------

I am so in love with Rimmel's Glam Eyes Mascara right now! I literally have 8-10 different tubes of mascara in my make-up drawer. And this one is the best one I have used in a looong time. I picked it up at Target (shocking right?!) a few months ago because of the cute packaging. The black and pink combo caught my eye, and I am so glad it did. LOVE this!

----------------------------------



Last but not least I want to tell you about Hefty's Zoo Pals disposable cups and lids. My kids are forever leaving their sippy cups laying around the house and the yard. I found these a few months ago and can't get enough of them!! They are sold in a pack of 12-14 and have cute animal designs great for a boy or a girl. I think I paid about $2.25 per pack, which I say is a GREAT price. Once their drink is gone, we toss the cup, no clean up! I even keep a few of them in the car. Most fast food places sell kids' meals with drinks that are too big for my toddlers. Lately I just split the kids meal drink into 2 of these cups and it is the perfect amount for the kids. The cups are the perfect size for toddlers and make a spill far less likely! So far I can only find these at Target, and the only downside is that they are only sold in a pack of 12. I'm hoping Costco carries these soon, in a huge pack!


*To satisfy the FCC I have to tell you that I did not receive any compensation in reviewing/recommending these products. These are all my own opinions about products that I DO use and pay for on my own*

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your reviews. I've been considering the 30-Day Workout but have been too chicken to try it (I loathe exercising;o). Also, I'm always searching for a good mascara. I'll have to give that one a try.

Team Millward said...

I am going to live vicariously through you and the workout video. So just keep me in mind while you do it! And I LOVE the zoopal sippy cups. I always have them on hand, especially when we have people with kids over. Another one of those "why didn't I think of that?" product.

mama's smitten said...

I did my first 30 day shred workout today! Im a little worried i might have trouble walking tomorrow !!!!! Gonna have to try that shampoo.

Amber Filkins said...

Oooh, thanks for sharing! I'm trying to go cheaper with my beauty products, and the hair is the first start, since I'm sure it might be a long process with the makeup. I'm going to write to companies with what I'm doing, and ask for some samples, b/c I'm sure as heck not going to buy each one!! That's too risky, lol.

Anyway, I will definitely have to try this. I use a lot of different products. I use the Suave everyday that strips it clean {2-4x per week}. A dandruff shampoo {2-4x per week}. I have a HUGE bottle of Pantene shampoo, but I just don't like what it does to my hair. It gets limp with it. I do like the Pantene conditioner, but if I don't have to pay that much, I'd really rather not! So thanks for sharing!!

I love Maybelline mascara, the pink/green tube!

And of course you know I'm love The Shred too. :)

Anonymous said...

What great ideas on products!! Thanks will try them...I love Target, and when I research, they always have some great things on "special"....Have a GREAT evening and give Brynne a hug from me...Can't believe she is going to be ooooh....one year older......Nah, this year hasn't gone that fast, has it?

MLP said...

Love these suggestions! I have that video and will REALLY be needing to do it again SOON!!! Dread that though!

I'm going to try that shampoo. I am addicted to Lancome Definicils mascara but would love to find a cheaper one!!!

Wendy said...

Love the cup idea! I'm forever washing sippy cups right now! And it looks like from the photo that they have lids? Is that right?
Off to Target tomorrow for the cups...and the Shred (as I already promised Amber Filkins I would do!

Amanda said...

I still want those cups! That is so funny about the Rimmel mascara cause I picked it up because of the same cute colors about a month and am in love!! Now, I just need to get my paws on that shamp/cond. I am currently spending $15 bucks a bottle for my current stuff to get that soft silky clean feeling in my uck frizzy curly hair! Thanks for this post, LOVE it!

Christy said...

Love the reviews. You may or may not have heard this, but I'm just throwing it out there. I too have frizzy hair like no other & shampoo has been my enemy forever. You finally find one you like & realize it's the cost of a family meal. Yikes! I love Suave, but what I love better is only washing my hair a couple times a week. Someone told me to only do it once every 3-4 days & I was like, "No way, Jose." Tried it out & my hair is in the best shape ever. I use Suave conditioner on the non-washing days & now that I've gotten used to it I am in love. Best thing I've ever done for my crazy lion mane!!

P.S. Did one day of the Shred...thought I was going to die & haven't touched it in a week. Tomorrow may be my day!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

The Shred is no joke! It hurts...but it works!