Monday, December 1, 2008

24 days until Christmas!

Christmas Survey! TAG, you're it. Copy and repost on your blog!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapped, and they always match my tree/theme!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put up your Christmas Tree? Thanksgiving weekend

4. When do you take the tree down? January 2nd

5. Do you like eggnog? NO!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie stuff

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad I guess (Sorry Bubb, it's true..you have EVERYTHING!)

8. Easiest person to buy for? Travis

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! Do people actually email Christmas cards? CRAZY!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't recall any bad gifts...I guess I am a lucky girl!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually in October, I try to be done by Dec. 1st

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies, especially my mom's!

16. Lights on the tree? prelit tree - white lights

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? D,D,P,V,C,C,D,B and Rudolph

19. Best gift ever? Ummm, not sure?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, we have a snowflake.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? I have started a tradition with the kids that Travis' mom did with him. The kids each may open one (parent selected) gift on Christmas Eve. This gift will always be pajamas and they get to wear them to bed. That way everyone looks nice for Christmas morning pictures. Everything else gets opened Christmas Day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I'd have to say that it is dark at 5pm! I HATE that!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love themed trees - ours is blue, white and silver. All of my decorations are snowmen or snowflake themed. I don't much care for red and green.

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? We have a big spaghetti dinner on Christmas. Funny thing, we're not even Italian, lol. It's SO good though. My parents make the BEST spaghetti sauce, YUMMY!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Just for my babies to be healthy and happy! And a white Christmas would be nice too (;

2 comments:

KJA said...

I loved your list, #21 especially.
And I am really into having something fun for Christmas dinner. I've heard people with all sorts of fun traditions (pulled pork, tacos and what not) but I haven't decided what I want our dinner to be. I better get on it before the kids are grown and gone.
Thanks for sharing!

BTW - the word verification below is 'kadhwh' SERIOUSLY - where do they come up with these?

Amanda said...

We started the one Christmas gift thing last year too on Christmas Eve and it being PJ's! Can you believe that is the only thing I have taken care of so far. I have yet to buy any other Christmas gifts. Today I am starting on the decortions. :X :X