Monday, June 8, 2009

Landon's First Real Movie!

Saturday my wonderful mom watched Brynne so my dad and I could take Landon to see his very first movie at the theater! Landon had no idea what the movies were and I had no idea how to explain it to him. We went to see UP, the new animated Disney Pixar movie. It was really cute and I recommend it to anyone. Landon sat through the whole thing, and did very well. He liked the movie and had a lot of questions, but he was so well behaved!
He was most excited to drink an ICEE and eat his 'pawcorn.'
My dad and I had planned on leaving even 10 minutes into the movie if Landon didn't do well. We were pleasantly surprised and saw the whole thing. There was one incident I should mention...

about halfway through the movie Landon was drinking my small diet coke (which cost a nice $4.25) and he took the lid off and dumped the entire cup over his head, ice and all. Luckily I only had about 1/2 of it left, BUT...he did this while sitting on my lap and my pants were soaked. I have no idea why he did it, and all I could do was laugh. After all he is only 2...for one more month!

I have a feeling that PopPop will always be Landon's movie partner. My dad LOVES movies and always has. I get my love of movies from him and hope to pass that on to both my children.
We had SO much fun, and Landon is still talking about the 'BIIIIIIG TV Place.' Thanks PopPop for a wonderful first movie experience for Landon, and a memory I know he will always have. We LOVE you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, so much, for inviting me to share Landon's first movie experience. "Up" was such a good film and I was impressed by how attentive Landon was through the whole thing. What a good boy he is!
It was such a good time to spend together. I will always treasure my memories of that day.

I LOVE you... all!

Anonymous said...

awwwww what fun..OK well minus the Diet coke on the lap!!! OHH to be tot again! lol
Im sorry but 3 is insane!!! Abby is killing me and she has only been 3 for a month!!! LOL

hugs,leslie

MLP said...

I love it. Your dad is too cute. I just read his comment, too. Absolutely precious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the pics of your big boy at the theater. He's such a cutie patoooooooooty!!!

Ginnie said...

What a wonderful memory for all of you! We took Hayden to Finding Nemo for her first *big* movie. We lasted until the shark. It was all over after that. We did get our money back, so that was good at least!! We ended up eating the $15.00 dollar popcorn and cokes on the way back to my Mom's house.