Saturday, October 25, 2008

I can see the light...

So, a bit of a computer update...I heard from Sony yesterday and apparently our entire hard drive was corrupted? I dunno, I guess that they had to restore all of the factory settings and completely re-format the hard drive. This is so irritating because I have about 600 photos on the computer that we have not backed up, yep 600 photos in only 6 weeks...guess I am a little camera crazy right? The main reason we took the computer in to be serviced was because it would not recognize any outside hardware. When I would try to back up the pictures the computer would not recognize my flash drive. So after a 10 minute argument with the idiot customer service man he agreed that Sony would back up my photos for me. THANK goodness!! So, we should have our computer back by late next week. Here's hoping it works! I can't do this again!!

Hope everyone is doing well, I can't wait to catch up on all those bogs I stalk (=

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Computers are so frustrating!! I've had my laptop for about 16 months & it's been to the "dr" 5 or 6 times!!!

Alicia W. said...

Oh thank god they can back up your photos!! I'm the same way with taking pics and I would DIE if I ever lost any of them. Computers can be such a pain sometimes. Good luck.

MLP said...

missing u and your cutie pie fam!!!

Heidi said...

Don't scare me about pics. 600 though? Wow, that's impressive. You are making me think hard about moving mine to Fickr

Dave Q. said...

I think this is a Sony thing. Last month a friend of mine asked me to look at her Sony laptop and it was a mess. She ended up getting it serviced and the hard drive was toast. And on Sunday another friend had his Sony die on him.

I'm starting to see a pattern... :)

Rebekah said...

WE MISS YOU! Hope your computer is up and running soon! We need to see new pictures of those sweet babies ...

Rebekah - Jaden - Baby#2 too