Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Apple Country Visit, 2008

Apples, apples everywhere! The weather was perfect, and so was the company! We had a GREAT time in Oak Glen, CA with my parents. Here are a few photos from our lovely day~

We started the day at the petting zoo for Landon, who has really become an animal lover. We visited his first petting zoo at the Pumpkin Patch just a few short weeks ago. Ever since that day he is very aware of all animals, and loves to watch them and be as close as he can.
Here he is making friends with a goat!


He loved this carved bear, and gave it lots of hugs!

Brynne was 'chillin' and hangin' out in her seat while we wandered around the petting zoo~


My sweet dad took 8 pictures of the four of us...I liked Brynne's sweet, happy smile in this one...


...but thought this one was the best overall...


We waited about 45 minutes in a loooong line to eat lunch at my dad's favorite Oak Glen restaurant. Landon killed time by running around and playing~



After lunch Daddy got himself a little treat!


My sweet babies are both very scheduled. They nap every morning at 10 or 10:30. I think this picture was taken about 2pm and Landon had not yet had a nap. Brynne had a pretty good nap asleep in Grandma's arms throughout most of our lunch, lol. They were both VERY tired, just look at those sleepy faces~



These apples smelled absolutely amazing! And they were beautiful to look at, with so many different types and colors. I just LOVE this green, so bright and pretty~




Perhaps Landon's most exciting moment of the whole day! Yep, a good Ol fashioned tractor beats a petting zoo and an outing with 'Myna' and 'PopPop' any day! This kid is all boy, inside and out! He LOVES trucks, planes, trains, and especially tractors! I happen to think this is one of his cutest, most natural pictures ever! You can just see how excited he was~


I wanted to post this picture of sweet Brynne because if you look closely you can see teeth!!
Finally!!

We had so much fun, but by the end of the day we were drained! Exhausted and ready for a nap! BUT, you didn't think we would leave without saying bye to the BIG bear, did ya?


Giving one last hug...


My parents helped us create wonderful memories by taking us to Oak Glen. I just hope I can do the same for Landon and Brynne.
I already can't wait to go back in 2009! For now, I officially feel like it is fall! The weather lately is crisp and cool and breezy. Only 6 weeks until Christmas people!! That is absolutely crazy to me...how is that possible? Where did 2008 go?










4 comments:

MLP said...

Okay, really, those pictures are amazing. Your sweet children have such a beautiful look about them! I love looking at your sweet pictures. Great family pics, too!!!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a fun time you had! All of the pictures are amazing! The last one with the green apple is really cool and your family pictures turned out great...only 8 shots? We would be sitting there for 28 and still probably not have a good one to pick.

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh, Beck.. I always love your pictures but these ones are SO CUTE! You got a great family shot too (Christmas Card Photo)? We still need to make our yearly trip. Actually we usually go a few times, but I'll even take once this season. Seeing your pictures gives me great motivation!

LyndsAU said...

what a beautiful family you have! I am glad you found my blog cause that led me to yours :)