Monday, November 24, 2008

Hard times for this Mama!

Brynne at 3 weeks old~
I am saddened to report that I am officially a Mama to 2 toddlers! Yep...my infant daughter has made the transition to toddler. Brynne is officially a full blown walker, no more crawling! If she stumbles and falls while walking she stands right back up and keeps on going. It's bittersweet because I know she is our last baby, and these milestones seem to fly by. In the last few months I have for the last time swaddled my baby girl, put my baby to bed on her back, given my baby a bath in the sink, fed my baby her (last) first taste of baby food, witnessed my baby roll over for the first time, watched the crawling phase disappear before my eyes, seen my last toothless grin from my baby girl...and on and on I could go. I have been feeling so sad lately about the rate at which Brynne is growing. I remember when Landon was a baby. Travis and I welcomed every new stage with excitement and awe. I couldn't wait for Landon to walk, to talk, to run. With Brynne it is the opposite for me. I love seeing these new stages and feel extremely blessed that my baby girl is healthy and so happy, but with every new phase a bit of her sweet baby stages slips away. I think it is harder because she is my second baby (or maybe just because she is a girl..it's just sweeter, somehow). I learned how time does fly by and how quickly they change through my experiences with Landon. It is hard to believe that in a little over a year Brynne will be Landon's age!! That is crazy to me! For now, I will hold her just a little closer in the mornings, cuddle just a little bit longer before her naps, carry her around just a little more than I need to, and breathe in her sweet baby girl scent for as long as I possibly can!


4 comments:

Lindsey said...

AWWW! Your kids are so darling!

Amanda said...

I felt this exact way with Matthew and welcomed and even pushed milestones along with Mason. I thought Matthew was my last and so I was so sad everytime something passed us by. I treated him more like a baby and even dressed him more like a baby then I did with Mason. It's all so bittersweet. I know exactly what you are talking about.

Alicia W. said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I'm going through the same thing with my little boy and it just kills me. It's our last baby and I want to freeze this moment in time FOREVER!!

MLP said...

I am SOOOOOOO with you!!!

What a beautiful baby girl!