Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ugh...

I don't hate very many things about life. I am not a hateful person at all! That being said, I HATE Daylight Savings time! What is the point, seriously? I remember being told when I was younger that we set the clocks back in the fall so children waiting for the school bus in the morning would not be waiting in the dark. I think setting the clocks back in the fall is a ridiculous idea! I HATE that it gets dark at 5 now! I HATE that we still have like 5 months of this left! I HATE that both my kids wake up before 6 am now!! WTH!? I HATE that by the time it is pitch black outside I still have 3 hours until the kids go to bed! This is especially difficult with Landon who lives to play outside! There is no point to DST and nothing good comes of it! I HATE Daylight savings! There's too much HATE in this post. Ya know what I LOVE? I LOVE setting the clocks forward in the spring!

7 comments:

Pam said...

I couldn't agree more! I told my husband the other day, "I think we should move to Arizona until our kids are old enough to appreciate the extra hour of sleep!"

Erin said...

Amen! Jake has been waking up at 4:30 and Brenna 5:00. I have been dreading the time change because of this. My kids, however, can't seem to stay awake past 7pm now so I admit thats kinda nice =) How is Brynne? I saw that you took her to the Dr's yesterday??

No luck on the house yet, not even one person has come by to see it... This was expected though... Its not hurting us by having it on the market & if its meant to be it will sell. Keeping the house clean is another story!! I think that has been the hardest part!

Amanda said...

I don't like it either and when Spring comes (my fav season) I LOVE the time change. That being said though, my kids don't really have a sense of it being early still when it's dark early. I can get them to bed much earlier! ;) They think dark out = bed time.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

I totally agree with you. It drives me crazy that it is getting dark so early. I feel so drained by the time I get off work and since it is dark all I want to do is go to bed!

Elyse said...

I also HATE changing the clocks too. In the spring, it messes me up more, but I would much rather stay at one time all the time. Uh...so frustrating!
~Elyse~

Audrey said...

Amen!

Rebekah said...

Hey Rebecca - hope you are having a better day - I need to do a VENTING post like that and I 100% agree with you ... I Hate DST also - it serves no purpose except to annoy us - especially us people with kids who like to be outside ... Hope you have a wonderful weekened!

Hugs from SNOWY Minnesota!

Rebekah - Jaden - Baby#2 too