Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Special Day With My Number 1!

Today I got to spend the entire day with my #1 guy!

We had a date with some friends at The Sawdust Factory in Upland, CA. It is the neatest place where anybody can paint, and make, various wood crafts. There are no age requirements so it was perfect for Landon and I to do together! We picked out two projects to work on. An Easter sign for Grandma and a hat rack for Landon's new room. We gathered all the pieces we needed and one of the workers traced Landon's hands onto the wood and then cut them out for us. We took all of our pieces to the painting tables.

All ready to start painting!










TOTAL concentration!


Landon painting with Ethan and Aiden...



Starting on his hat rack...





Mama's boy...



Ethan, Aiden and Emilie...



Working hard on his projects...



Marcie, Jessica, Jacob, Emilie, and Ethan (I think, lol)


Painting the hands (chick's feathers) for Grandma's Easter sign...


So happy to be painting and making a gift for Grandma...



LOVE these messy, little boy hands, working so hard...


Focused...


Painting his hand shapes for the hat rack...






Possibly Landon's FAVORITE part of the day. After painting our pieces we stopped by the 'drying station' to quickly dry the paint with a blow dryer. He loved using the blow dryer and was so excited...



Love it...


Taking a break and playing blocks with Dominic...



LOVE this picture of the kids playing...


Aidan with his block tower...




Landon being creative and building with the blocks...



Emilie and Aidan...




Aidan and his project...




Emilie, Ethan and Aidan at the 'splatter station'


After painting and drying our pieces we headed over to the 'splatter station' where a lady splattered our pieces with white and black paint to give them a more finished look. Then it was on to 'drying station #2' where Landon got to use the blow dryer a second time!


Then this nice lady at the 'assembly station' put all of our pieces together and attached the hanging wires and glued everything together. Here's Landon handing her the pieces...


ALL done! That's Landon's new hat rack on the left and Grandma's Easter sign on the right (not the best view, lol)


He was ready to go! You see...we had a lunch date planned with Auntie Amy and this little boy could NOT wait any longer to see her!


Another attempt at a final picture with both his projects...



Most of the group. Landon is on the far right...



On our way to meet Auntie the sky was GORGEOUS! I took this picture at a red light, thankyouverymuch!


HEAVEN...


Auntie took these pictures of Landon in the play area at Chick-fil-A and I love how they turned out...


and this one which I can say is one of my all time FAVORITE pictures of my handsome little man. This picture captures his personality perfectly!

I am so thankful that I got to spend the day with my little guy. Brynne had a great day at home with Daddy too. Landon is growing up SO fast and I really love it when I can slow down and just enjoy all of the things that make him who he is! Like his endless questions for Mama about what everything is. And his adventurous spirit, always wanting to explore everything. Let's not forget that mischievous twinkle that never leaves his eyes! His funny laugh and his squeal of delight when he sees his Auntie. The way he says everything 17 times, over and over until somebody acknowledges him. I SO love this sweet boy of mine and have been blessed by God who so perfectly created this little man for our lives. I LOVE you Landon! Thanks for our special day!

5 comments:

Carole said...

What a wonderful way to spend your day!!! It's always nice to have a bit of one-on-one time with each of the kiddos...sometimes reminds us of how blessed we are in the midst of the daily chaos!

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

What a great day you two had! I love the idea of the Sawdust Factory. That looked like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT place to visit, think I will put that on my list of "to go" places with the grandkids!!

S said...

Those are adorable! I love the picture of Landon in the tube. That wood place looks perfect for a little boy. Wish we had one here!

I hope you had a happy Easter. Feel better soon, Brynne!

Erin said...

Looks like a FUN place. I have never heard of the Sawdust Factory.... Maybe when Jake gets a little older I will take him there! Do you think Brenna would like it??