Monday, September 15, 2008

Bad.Morning.

This has been a rough morning...to say the least! I LOVE being a mom and 99.99999% of my days at home with the kids are fun!! Today, that other .000001 % bit me in the ass! When we put Landon to bed at night we always put a baby gate in his doorway on the outside of his door so we can still shut the door, but if he wakes up he can't escape get into anything that may hurt him! He usually wakes me up every morning by yelling for me to come get him "out." Today he didn't yell, he didn't scream, and there were no repeat callings for Mama. Today I simply heard him quietly say, "Mama Poo Poo." UH OH! Last time Landon said "Mama Poo Poo" I ended up scrubbing his 'artwork' off the walls and door for a half hour. There is no 'filtered' way for me to describe what the first 2 hours of my day involved, so if you are squeamish then sorry, but I will try and keep this version of my story as clean as possible (: Landon's room is down a short hallway from ours. As I walked out my door and rounded the corner, I saw it. By it I mean POOP! There were close to a dozen chunks of poo that had been thrown over the baby gate and into the hallway. I immediately knew that I did not want to see what the inside of his room looked like! My gut instinct was right and it was horrible! Landon was covered head to toe. His white door was a whole new shade of brown. His beautiful new bedding from Auntie Amy and Uncle Nate was smeared with it. His blankie and baby (the two comfort items he has had since birth and NEVER sleeps without) were no longer blue in color. Yes, even those were brown! The walls were 'painted' and the carpet was a mess, UGH...where to start! I headed to the kitchen for some rubber gloves and went straight to the bathroom to fill the tub. Landon was SO excited to get a bath and I was SO irritated by the fact that he was, in a sense, being rewarded for such a disgusting act. I didn't want him to think that if he ever wants a bath in the morning all he has to do is play in his own poop! I tried to give him a calm, yet informative, discussion about why poo poo is yucky and we never play with our poo poo. He didn't care, he just saw the bath...and the bubbles and wanted to play. I dumped him in the bath and went right to work cleaning up the mess. Luckily Landon's room is directly across the hall from his bathroom so I was able to let him 'soak' for while while I cleaned up, all while keeping a close eye on him. I stripped the bed, started laundry (no mom should ever have to do laundry at 6:50am), scrubbed the door, "Lysol-ed" the mattress, his light switch, and the door handle. Scraped what I could out of the carpet (yep, there was enough of it to have to 'scrape'), and cleaned the entire hallway tile floor. I went back into the bathroom and scrubbed Landon head to toe, while he was whining and fighting me the whole time. During the bath Daddy called and I got to describe the lovely situation to him over the phone. The biggest question of the day, at least from me, was "Why did Landon not do this Sat. or even yesterday when both Travis and I were home?" and "Why does he always save his special 'Poop Art' days for Mama?" Travis felt bad for me I know, but I also know he was SO glad he was at work and far away from Landon's mess! Travis asked where Brynne was during all of this and I said, "Oh she is awake and playing in her crib, I am gonna get her out as soon as I clean the carpet." We said bye and I hung up, got Landon out of the bath into his clothes and sitting st the table with his cereal. I got out the carpet cleaner and went to work on his room. It took me less than 5 minutes to finish with his floor, so I cleaned up the rest of the mess and washed myself from the elbows down. Then...get ready people...I went to get Brynne. My sweet smiling baby girl was, as always, SO happy to see her Mama and get out of her crib. I picked her up, and she was a mess! She was covered in poo poo also! How did that happen? Well, to put it simply, her diaper leaked...everywhere! Brynne is 8 months old and we have never had a diaper leak, especially since we switched to Huggies!! So WHY now? WHY today? UGH!! By this time Landon was done eating and was in Brynne's room to see his sister. He was saying "Mama, baby poo poo" over and over again! I said, "I KNOW LANDON, Mama sees the Poo Poo." over and over again!! I had her on the changing table and didn't even know where to start...BATH time! Yep, 7:45 am and my 2nd poop bath of the morning. Brynne got a quick bath and was sweet smelling and adorable once again. I gave her breakfast and then she and Landon started playing together nicely on the floor. I was continuing to do my laundry when all of the sudden Landon was hysterical, and crying, and screaming pretty badly. I ran out to him and he showed me that he had run into the corner of the stand that holds the fish tank. He hit the stand at eye level and had a cut in the corner of his right eye. It was bleeding A LOT and had already started to swell. I got a cold washcloth and held it to the cut, as he continued to cry. I got him all cleaned up and calmed down and the bleeding stopped. He luckily won't need stitches but he does have a decent cut and a lot of swelling still. Landon went down for a nap shortly after, and I am expecting to see a black eye when he wakes up. All of this happened before 11 AM!! It's days like this that I wish I had slept in and never gotten outta bed, ya know! But reality sinks in, the kids take a nap at the same time, Mama does some cleaning and a little blogging and life is once again, going to be ok!

Oh, and did I mention that the baby gate...which took the brunt of Landon's 'mess' is waiting in the garage for Daddy! I can think of no better way to clean it off than with the pressure washer! And since I have no idea how to even turn on the pressure washer, that suddenly becomes Travis' job! Awww sweet relief.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

So sorry you had a rough morning! Hoping the afternoon went MUCH better!

~PS Thanks for "coming out!"

Amanda said...

OMG, I know it's not funny to you, but I am LOL! How did he get out of his baby gate?? Climb it? I have been there done that with both boys, trust me, I know!!! Hope Landon's eye is doing better and things are back to normal. ;)

Jennifer said...

Ya - that's a bad day, mama. Thank God tomorrow's a new day, right? You have a beautiful family. Great pics from the birthay party.

MLP said...

Bless your heart!!! What a story!!! How did the rest of your day go? You deserve something special for all that!!! Hope things are better!!! I bet your two little ones were even cute with poop all over them!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Beck!!!