Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My First Born~



One of my favorite blogger friends Rebekah has tagged me!! I am supposed to fill out the following survey about my first born child, and then tag a few fellow bloggers to take the survey. So, here I go...

1. Were you married at the time? Yes – almost 5 years~

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? We had been trying for a few years and had all but given up! The week we found out we were pregnant with Landon we were planning on making a huge payment to a fertility clinic. We went in for an appointment (and were more than prepared to leave a HUGE check), had a routine ultrasound and lo and behold there was a baby in there! Landon is not only my miracle baby, but he saved us $10,000! I was 10 weeks along, had no idea. To say the least we were THRILLED!!

3. How old were you? I was 28 when Landon was born

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? It was a combination of the ultrasound and about 3 take home tests! We COULDN'T believe it!

5. Who did you tell first? My parents, my sister, and then Travis' parents. We didn't really tell that many other people for awhile!

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Oh yes – I am not a very patient person, we had a 3D Ultrasound as soon as we could!

7. Due date? June 28th I think it was

8. Did you deliver early or late? I delivered at 41 weeks, so about a week late.

9. Did you have morning sickness? No, thank God! I was a little nauseated for about a month, but just didn't feel like eating really. I lost 9 lbs. the first tri-mester! I put it right back on though, as soon as I got my appetite back!

10. What did you crave? I never really had any cravings. I did eat Olive Garden all the time though! Not the pasta, not the soup...just the salad! I couldn't get enough!!

11. Who irritated you the most? I don't think anybody really irritated me. I had an easy, wonderful pregnancy. I felt so blessed and was generally in a great mood.

12. What was your first child's sex? A sweet baby boy

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 43 lbs! I was HUGE. I delivered in July though and the heat, combined with swelling and water weight made for a miserable last month.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Not really, swelling a lot at the end, but that was it. I was SO lucky!

15. Where did you give birth? At the hospital...no at home delivery for this Mama.

16. How many hours were you in labor? Remember how I said I had an easy pregnancy? Well the delivery was even easier! I was in labor from about 12:30am until he was born at 4:54am! Only about 4 hours.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? My husband of course! Although, shortly after my contractions started the bitchy nurse sent Travis home. She said he should get some sleep and since it was our first bay I would be in labor ALL night long. He left, literally 30 minutes later we called him and said GET BACK HERE NOW. Luckily we lived 10 minutes away. He got back just in time for me to get my epidural. 2 hours later Landon was born!

18. Who watched? Only my husband and Amy, my sister. She was a trooper and almost hung in there! She had to leave for the last few minutes! LOL, didn't want any fainting spells (;

19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Vaginal delivery

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? I got my epidural while I was dilated at 8 cent! I BARELY got it, the Anesthesiologist was racing against my body. Thankfully the medicine eased the pain, and it was pretty easy after that!

21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lb. 14 oz.

22. What did you name him/her? Landon Jay

23. How old is your first born today? 2 years, 3 months

I am tagging~
Amanda
Mindy
Jill
Erin

Have fun girls!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

What the hell kind of nurse tells the husband to go home and get some rest?! O.M.G! No way, no how, he can get some rest sitting in the chair right next to me. LOL That is crazy.

Rebekah said...

Oh Rebecca ... I loved your answers ... this was fun I think! Now you need to do one for Brynne and I will do one for my 1/2 a child so far ... I also enjoyed going to your friends you tagged too and reading their answers ... what a fun way to pass the day! Hope your week is going well ... and I agree with Amanda - who the hell sends a father home - EVER! WTF!

Rebekah, Jaden and Baby#2 too

MLP said...

Of course I am so with the others...that nurse needed to be FIRED!

I gained 43 pounds with my first born, too! Funny thing is that Troy sealed an envelope with 43 pounds written on it at the VERY beginning of the pregnancy. We opened it at our last dr. appointment! Dead on!

Enjoyed reading your answers. I'll try to get around to doing this, too!

Joy said...

I love posts like these!!!