Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Top 5 Tuesday!




Dana my new blogger buddy lists a new topic every Tuesday. Anyone can participate and you can leave the link to your blog on her page, kinda like FFF.


Today's topic is "What are your top 5 favorite or least favorite things about where you are currently living?"
Without giving our exact city, I can say that I live in Southern CA, in a small country community, along the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains.
#1~My favorite thing about where we live is the weather. Because we live at a pretty high altitude (for Southern CA) we enjoy ALL 4 season's. Most areas of So-Cal experience warm weather and drought like conditions all year. I love that we get snow a few times a year, the leaves are changing now for fall, and in a few months the trees will bloom and the birds will be chirping away!
#2~I LOVE that this home is my Husband's dream house. Our property is a comfortable compromise between both of our upbringings. Travis was raised on many acres in Northern FL. I was raised in the Mountains of Southern Ca. It is hard to find a home on a lot of land out here and we feel truly, truly blessed that we stumbled upon our home. Our house sits atop a hill on 3.8 acres! That is A LOT of land for this area and we LOVE it!
#3~I LOVE that we can leave our garage open or our doors unlocked all night long and we don't have to worry about being vulnerable. Our area is very safe and all the neighbors watch out for each other.
#4~ I LOVE that every time somebody drives by our home they wave. Nobody ever did that at either of our other homes. I am so glad to be in a friendly neighborhood.
#5~I LOVE that the school district in our area is listed as one of the "Top 5" school districts in Ca. That was a huge part of why we relocated to this area. I have a few years to cherish before Landon or Brynne start school, but I am glad that when they do they will get a great education.
and...can I cheat and leave a 6th entry?
#6~The absolute best thing about where we live is being less than five minutes from my sister! I love that I can be at her house in minutes, and we can grocery shop together and see each other as often as we like! The only thing that would make me happier would be if she lived next door!

4 comments:

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

It sounds like a great place to live!

MLP said...

Sounds PERFECT!!! What a neat post idea! I loved reading about where you live!

Patrice said...

great list! That's so cool you live so close to your sister, I hope my sister and I will live close together someday!

TheAustinEmpire said...

Wow, that sounds just like where I grew up, except for the extreme Iowa cold. Really it sounds likt you have the prefect home for your family, which is the most important thing of all. Thanks for joining in!